- Examination of your teeth, gums and inside your mouth.
- Give you advice on keeping your teeth clean, including reducing cigarette smoke and unhealthy dietary habits.
- Ask about your teeth and if you have had any problems.
- Address concerns you have, whether it is due to possible signs of gum disease or pain in a tooth.
- Provide x-rays of teeth giving you problems.
- Provide you with treatment options if needed.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
At Family Dental Rego Park in Elmhurst, NY, we ask that patients visit us every six months for a check-up. This ensures you have proper dental care and are maintaining your oral health. By coming in to our office every six months, Dr. Binod Verma is able to examine your teeth and gums. You also receive a thorough cleaning from one of our dental hygienists and reduce your risk of gum disease.
Every time you visit our practice, our dentist will perform the following:
Not only do visits every six months ensure you get regular professional cleanings, but can prevent more serious dental procedures by finding cavities and other issues early. This reduces the time you spend in the dentist chair.
Call us today at (718) 699-8268 to schedule your next dental checkup.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Dental crowns are one of many restorative dentistry procedures we offer here at Family Dental Rego Park. Crowns have multiple purposes for our patients, including covering imperfections of the tooth, protecting a tooth weakened from tooth decay, and preventing cracking or breaking after a root canal. Crowns cover the tooth like a cap, and are made to look and function just like a regular tooth.
The procedure for dental crowns takes about 2-3 visits and includes the following:
1. Shade matching - We match the shade of the crown to your existing teeth so they look perfectly natural
2. Reshaping the enamel of the broken tooth so the crown can be placed over the affected area properly
3. After the tooth is reshaped, we will create a mold of the area that the crown will be placed
4. The mold is sent to a dental lab where it will be created, this usually takes about a week. We will place a temporary crown until the permanent crown is ready
5. Once the crown is completed, we will bond it to your existing teeth with cement
Whether you have staining, need to save your natural tooth, or have other imperfections, crowns can be incredibly beneficial. If you live in the Elmhurst, NY area and are in need of a dental crown, schedule a consultation with Dr. Binod Verma today. We are welcoming new patients.